Thursday, March 18, 2010

The street cleaning truck from Hell

This is by far the most hilarious thing I have seen here. This is actually so hilarious, that I have to go ahead and give it an independent post rather than including it in my next update.

Get this: I'm walking down the street from one of my schools and I hear an ice-cream truck chime to the tune of "Happy Birthday."

My next thought was "...there are ice cream trucks in China?"

I then hear the music getting closer and notice that people are suddenly scrambling to run to their right all around me; I instinctively followed.

This turned out to be a good idea, as I had just met the terror on the local streets: the street cleaning truck.

Don't let this picture fool you - they really crank that thing up sometimes!

The concept is this: a water truck basically drives down a street and indiscriminately blasts water everywhere. This is one hell of a sight to see: pedestrians run to the sides of sidewalks, cars get completely blasted, and I've even seen one bicyclist get the full brunt of cleanliness. And the best part? All this mayhem is to the tune of "Happy Birthday."

You can't make this stuff up. You just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment